Friday, December 8, 2017 will be the third annual RACE TRACK SAFETY PROGRAM (RTSP) presented in conjunction with the Annual Congress of the International Council of Motorsport Sciences (ICMS) during the Performance Racing Industry (PRI).
A change in the RTSP venue was needed to accommodate growing demands in the program. This year the RTSP will be held at the IMMI Convention Center in Westfield, Indiana, 30 minutes north of downtown Indianapolis. For those attending all three days of sessions, there will be complimentary transportation departing from and returning to the JW Marriott center city. Others may drive directly to the IMMI center.
This expanded one-day program will consist of Educational Sessions as well as Hands-on Practical Sessions geared especially for local short tracks, road courses, drag strips and rally events around the United States and Canada.
The target audience for this unique program is the small race track operations personnel especially Emergency Medical Services and Fire & Rescue team members. They will learn from the experts in the field the most efficient and the safest procedures of responding to race track incidents.
Registration for the event is available now and is $75.00 (includes entry to PRI show) if received by November 30, 2017, after that date it increases to $100.00 (paid at the door). Continuing Education (CE) Credits are available to attendees as well as an Educational Tax Receipt.
Schedule of Events
The day will begin with opening remarks beginning at 08:45 am followed by the four Educational Sessions in the IMMI Convention Center and will cover topics in:
- Introduction of Street Medics into Racing
- New Car Technology and Racing Considerations
- Airway Management with Entrapped Driver
- The Doctor’s Role on Race Tracks
At 12 noon, a luncheon and presentation by Verizon IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball will be held. Following the luncheon at 1pm the practical program will be held inside and outside the IMMI Center. Rotating stations will follow with hands-on exercises (4 repeat, 5 new) on the topics of:
- Helmet and Frontal Head Restraint removal (HANS and Hybrid Devices)
- Spinal Control and Immobilization During Driver Extrication Procedures
- Hydraulic Cutting of Chassis Roll Cages for Safer Driver Extrication
- Manual and Non-Hydraulic Tool Cutting and Moving
- Live Fire Suppression (outside)
- Airway Management Driver in Car
- Hemorrhage Control Lower Extremities Driver in Car
- Rollover Controlled Movement
- Rally Car Driver/Co-Driver Medical Training Review
This year the afternoon will be extended to hands-on training allowing participants to rotate through the expanded number of stations.
This will be followed by live, practical demonstrations of Driver Extrications/Extractions by the Canadian Motorsports Response Team and the Verizon IndyCar Holmatro Safety Team. Your RTSP Credential allows access to the PRI Trade Show on Saturday.