ICMS ANNUAL CONGRESS
December 7, 8 & 9, 2016
Friday, December 9, 2016 will be the second annual RACE TRACK SAFETY PROGRAM (RTSP) presented in conjunction with the Annual Congress of the International Council of Motorsport Sciences (ICMS) during the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show 2016 at the Indiana Convention Center (ICC) in downtown Indianapolis.
This one-day program will consist of Educational Sessions as well as Hands-on Practical Sessions and Demonstrations geared especially for local short tracks, road courses and drag strips around the United States and Canada.
The target audience for this unique program is the small race track operations personnel especially Emergency Medical Services and Fire & Rescue team members. They will learn from the experts in the field the most efficient and the safest procedures of responding to race track incidents.
Registration for the event is available now and is $75.00 if received by December 2, 2016, after that date it increases to $100.00 (at the door). Continuing Education (CE) Credits are available to attendees as well as an Educational Tax Receipt.
Schedule of Events
The day will begin with opening remarks beginning at 08:25 am followed by the four Educational Sessions in seminar Room 206 on Level 2 of the Indiana Convention Center and will cover topics in:
- Team Dynamics in Motorsports
- Performance Fire Suppression
- Non-Hydraulic Tool Extrication
- Drag Racing Incident Response & Driver Extrication
At 12 noon, a luncheon and presentation by Verizon IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe will be held. Following the luncheon at 1pm the program will move to the 500 Ballroom on Level 1 of the ICC Rotating stations will follow and include demonstrations and hands-on exercises (3 repeat, 3 new) on the topics of:
- Helmet and Frontal Head Restraint removal (HANS and Hybrid Devices)
- Spinal Control and Immobilization During Driver Extrication Procedures
- Hydraulic Cutting of Chassis Roll Cages for Safer Driver Extrication
- Driver Extraction from Dragster Chassis and Sprint Car
- Manual and Non-Hydraulic Tool Cutting and Moving
- Simulated Fire Suppression Practice
This will be followed by live, practical demonstrations of Driver Extrications/Extractions by the Canadian Motorsports Response Team and the Verizon IndyCar Holmatro Safety Team. Your RTSP Credential allows access to the PRI Trade Show on Saturday.